GG5 LAN Server Problem??? NEED HELP!!!

Ask questions and share info about GunGame 5

GG5 LAN Server Problem??? NEED HELP!!!

Postby BradPrime » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:19 am

Okay so I have set up a dedi server for GG5 on my local machine for lan play between myself and housmates. Everything works fine and es_load gungame5 loads perfectly.

Problem is, say me and my brother join, I kill him, round restarts and we both leveled up???

Now before anyone say's we are using cracked copies of css, NO!!! We both have legit copies of steam and css. I have looked into this extensivly and it is becomeing really frustrating.

I have taken the advice from satoon101 and made the es script to show ids as shown here: http://gungame.net/viewtopic.php?f=70&p=7798

And here are the results from my server:

Client "Jay-T" connected (192.168.2.7:27005).
Client "BradPrime" connected (192.168.2.2:27006).
Game will not start until both teams have players.
] es_load test
[EventScripts] Loaded test
BradPrime: ids
STEAM_0:0:0 - STEAM_0:0:0
STEAM_0:0:0 - STEAM_0:0:0

Please any help would be appreciated.
BradPrime

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: BradPrime

Postby satoon101 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:10 am

It is not possible to have a SteamID of STEAM_0:0:0, let alone for 2 people to have that exact same SteamID. That SteamID is one often used on cracked servers. I still stand by what is stated in that thread you linked to.

However, for the sake of "just-in-case", could you explain the setup of your server? Are you using the Steam=>Tools dedicated server or are you using HLDSUpdateTool, or...? Also, what is your server's sv_lan setting?

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BradPrime » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:14 am

Well normally I would be happy to have done the impossible. However because this is happening on 2 legit copies of css and steam it is driving me crazy. I just want to test out some gg maps I'm making with my bro but it's not much fun when no one can win because when I kill him we both level up...

I am runninng the Steam=> Tools dedicated server and the servers sv_lan setting is sv_lan 1 in my cstrike/cfg/server.cfg file.

We have our home networked over wifi, with 4 pc's all with legit copies of steam and css.
BradPrime

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:05 am

I would recommend using the HLDSUpdateTool instead of the Steam=>Tools dedicated server. It tends to have less issues. For instance, I was going to try running the Steam=>Tools version to see if I could replicate your issue, but I can't even log onto the server with either of my accounts. It keeps telling me "STEAM validation rejected". However, I have no issues whatsoever joining my HLDSUpdateTool server. Stand-alone is almost always the way to go when it comes to hosting servers.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BradPrime » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:47 am

Alright, I tried setting it up with the hlds but couldnt get a server running. I'll give it another go. Anyone have a current tutorial on setting up hlds? I've tried a couple but they werent too clear.
BradPrime

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:35 pm

Here is a quick guide:

First, download the HLDSUpdateTool. Install it into whatever directory you prefer. For instance, I use E:/servers/cstrike/ . Then, open your command prompt by right clicking on it and choosing "Run as administrator". If you are using the C drive, type in cd/ , then "Enter" to get to the base C:/ directory. If you are using a different directory (like I am using E:/), type in e: , then "Enter". Then, type in the path from that base directory to where you installed the HLDSUpdateTool. For me, it's cd servers/cstrike , then "Enter". Now, type in hldsupdatetool -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir . (make sure you have that period after -dir), then "Enter". Now, it should first update the HLDSUpdateTool. It might take a couple times of running that line to get it to update properly. Once it has, it will start downloading the server.

After it has finished, you will now have a CS:S server almost fully ready to go. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the server's directory (again, for me would be E:/servers/cstrike . Then go into the orangebox folder. There should be a file called srcds.exe . Right click on that file and copy it, then paste a "shortcut" on your desktop. Right click on the shortcut, and choose "Properties". In the target, add -game cstrike at the very end. Click OK to exit. Then, double click the shortcut, and you should now have a working server.

Now, just install EventScripts, SPE, and GunGame51 as you did previously on the Steam=>Tools server. Then, restart the server, and you should be good to go.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BradPrime » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:46 am

Ok updating hlds now and will get everyting installed and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help so far. I've tried following heaps of guides on setting up hlds and couldnt get it working, what you wrote then was short and simple and is working great.
BradPrime

Private
Private

Postby BradPrime » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:59 am

So all is working good now, no more problems, had all 4 of us in the house playing and runs great. Thanks for the help satoon101, much appreciated. And I don't think I'll ever try and use the Tools>Source Multiplayer Dedicated Server ever again lol.
BradPrime

Private
Private

Return to General Discussion